where creative minds can interact
Thought I would share some safety tips sent to me by my step-mother.
1) Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, DO.
2) If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM! Toss it away from you . . . chances are that he is more interested in your wallet than you, and he will go for the money. Run like mad in the other direction.
3) If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights, stick your arm out the hole and wave like crazy. The driver won't see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
4) Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook and such.) Don't do this! It will give predators the opportunity to get in the passenger side and force you to drive where they want you to go. As soon as you get into your car, lock the doors and leave. If someone is in the car with a weapon do not drive off. Instead gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your air bag will save you. As soon as the car crashes exit the car if possible.
5) When getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage, Be aware; look around you, look into your car at the passenger side floor and in the back seat. If you are parked next to a big van enter you car from the passenger door or go back into the building you came from and get someone to walk to your car with you. The same applies if a car is parked next to you and a man is sitting alone in the passenger side.
6) Always take the elevator instead of the stairs.
7) If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN preferably in a zig-zag pattern. The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; and even then, it most likely will not be a vital organ.
8) Ted Bundy was a good-looking well educated man, who always played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked for help into his vehicle or with his vehicle. That's when he abducted his victims. Don't be an unsuspecting, sympathetic victim.
9) If you hear a crying baby outside your home, do not open the door. This is another ploy used to lure victims from the safety of their homes. Call the police. In addition, it has been reported that some predators are now turning the outside water taps on in the middle of the night to lure women outside. Do not go outside to investigate if this happens to you. Call the police.