world of wiffledust

where creative minds can interact

how did you end up on wiffledust? steen brought this up as a topic...yay!

hey. steen posted a question asking everyone what brought them to wiffledust or how did they end up here. i'll start the first answer. well, i created it. but what really brought me to the whole concept was wanting to interact with art, particularly music in an intimate setting. i love seeing music up close and personal where you can see every expression on the artist's faces. up until then, i had usually seen music in either arenas or bars where everyone in the audience was truly obnoxious. ..but i love the idea of artists of all types sharing and inspiring each other. what about the rest of you?

Views: 209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lisa added me on myspace a while ago because we knew some of the same artists, and then we found each other on facebook later on. We started talking and when she posted the link to the site I was very excited. It looks great and it's an intimate social network as opposed to the "main" ones we're used to seeing on the internet. It's almost metaphorical to me because I recently moved from the suburbs of Atlanta, GA to the small town of Americus, GA. I've fallen in love with small, intimate atmospheres where everyone knows each other (in a good way, of course ;) ). Can't wait to see where the project ends up!
well...i came across the wiffledust saloon while looking for a bar to get a drink. hehehe..
no really...bac in the 90's i meet Lisa while she was running a VERY successful live "variety"
program where musicians would appear in " a round" if you will and Lisa would ask them questions
that the audience wanted to but never had the chance. Shear magic! ...and THAT is what Wiffledust
is all about AND why we as artists and community builders love it and are excited about sharing its!
As buzz lightyear would say " to infinite AND BEYOND!"
steve! you're so sweet! remember that first show??? that was fun. that's where i met you...at the first wiffle in the round. ....steve, you have to go check out steen's poem on her blog. it's awesome!
I've had to pleasure of knowing Lisa through Facebook, which I'm totally addicted to that social service as that is where I keep in touch with my family and classmates as well as have met new and exciting people like Lisa. I found Lisa by searching through Etsy and noticed her whimsical and inspiring works of painted furniture. Then I clicked the Facebook icon and found her page and invited her to be my friend there........the rest is history. I am so looking forward to meeting all her friends and getting to know how we are all drawn to one another through different gifts of light in our lives.
janet, i have to tell you that you are like a breath of fresh positive air in a world that can get a little annoying to say the least sometimes. i'm always over there on facebook as you know, and something about you feels very safe. i don't mean creatively safe. but a safe person to be myself in front of. and that's a HUGE thing. so i want to thank you for that. i look forward to getting to know you even better! thanks for being among us!
susie, i have never...and i mean that literally....ever met someone whose words -whether they be in status comments or blogs or poetry or just comments about artists--spoke to me the way yours do. i feel like i truly found (as anne of green gables would say ) a kindred spirit! you have such a rich soul, and it pours out of everything you love and create. and i know there is a richness of experience there that has fed the depth of your experiences. i'm truly honored to know you, and so glad you're here.
Donna and I are related, even though she tries to deny it; and we are also friends/family on Facebook, which she also tries to deny. She sent me a Wiffledust link and threatened me with bodily harm if I didn't join. So as soon as my broken fingers and black eyes healed, I signed up. Please make sure that Donna knows I am cooperating. . . .I don't really think she is supposed to take that mail truck beyond the city limits. By the way, I think I may know where Jimmy Hoffa's body is. . . . . . .
now see, this is a side of sweet donna that we can only know if relatives like you tell us about it! bodily harm, eh? she knows where the bodies are buried, eh? broken fingers to boot? hmmmm...well it seems like you've been propertly initiated into the world of wiffledust (!) and now you can get on with the business of having fun. don't let that pony tailed one scare you off, ya hear? ;-)
Lisa and I "friended" each other on Fbook. Then I started reading the Gazette and thought was pretty cool and creative. Creative being the operative word. I am always looking for new avenues of creativity, and finding kindred spirits.
This seems to be the place...so here I am!!!
I think it's an exciting idea, and shortly will be able to interact and post more.
I will have songs to upload, and lyrics looking for music.
Sometimes I am on fire, and sometimes I am rising out of the ashes after I crash and burn :-)
Lisa, this is a wonderful thing you have created!
sherry, what an inspiring comment to have in the middle of a long work day for me! thank you so much. i really want this to be a place where people feel safe but also inspired and sometimes nudged to be their most creative selves. i hope you will write more and share it with us and comment on other folks' stuff as well! i'm so glad to know you....!!! xxoo
well we're thrilled to have you here, mary catherine..(both names?). edna and tyme gallery are sponsors of wiffledust, and i just love that wonderful gallery. we have to get edna to set up a blog page here. i'll call her about that this week. i've been so busy launching this site, that i think i forgot to tell edna about the blog space! moving twice in one year is so stressful. i'm so glad you love your new little house and are using creativity to bloom in spite of the stress! i'm looking forward to checking out artfulaging! what a great name!
While on step 14 of my 12 step program for reclusive use of social networking, I was fortunate to connect with Lisa on facebook. Several threads of joyous candor later, and voila, I am a wiffleduster!

RSS

Please use the following button for all monetary transactions on wiffledust. Your support is greatly appreciated by all folks who value the indie arts!

© 2024   Created by wiffledust.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service